Painting with Values - February 28
Painting with Values
Learn to recognize and better understand the role values play in painting. The morning session will concentrate on learning values through the nine step scale from black to white by painting simple set-ups in grayscale. After lunch, the afternoon session will introduce color using the morning exercises to establish value in color. The idea is to give the students new insights to bring back and use in their own studios.
Requirements and Supplies
- Minimal painting experience is required.
- Please bring the following supplies: painting equipment including paints, brushes, portable easel
- Bring your own bagged lunch.
- Two 11 x 14’ painting panel, painted in gray and divided with tape into 4 parts will be supplied.
- Black and white acrylic paint will be available for the morning session for those who do not paint with acrylics.
About the instructor
Linda is an oil painter and paints landscapes, particularly of the marshes, beaches, fields that surround where she lives and especially the skies above all. She is also a dedicated student of painting animals, particularly horses and dogs, but many critters have been depicted with her brush and viewpoints. She is represented by several galleries, mainly her own Bad Ponies Studio and Gallery on the Island.
Class size is limited to 15
For ages: 14 and up
Instructor: Linda Epstein
Date: Thursday, February 28
Time: 9 am to 4 pm with lunch break