Studying Horses with Paint - March 7
Studying Horses with Paint
The class aims to give the artist a way to study the form of the horse that she or he can take back to use in their studio or in the field.
Requirements and Supplies
- Minimal painting experience is required.
- Please bring painting equipment for media you use, oil, w/c, acrylic, pastel.
- Colors required: brown umber, burnt sienna, yellow ochre, white, ultramarine blue.
- Feel free to bring the colors you usually use too.
- Please bring a canvas (or panel) 2-3, 9x12" or 11x14";
- Please bring brushes. Instructor paints in oils and will be using a couple hogshair small filberts, size 1 & 2 and flats from 4-8.
About the instructor
Linda is an oil painter and paints landscapes, particularly of the marshes, beaches, fields that surround where she lives and especially the skies above all. She is also a dedicated student of painting animals, particularly horses and dogs, but many critters have been depicted with her brush and viewpoints. She is represented by several galleries, mainly her own Bad Ponies Studio and Gallery on the Island.
Class size is limited to 15
For ages: 14 and up
Instructor: Linda Epstein
Date: Thursday, March 7, 2019
Time: 1 pm to 4 pm